World’s Top Eaters Confirmed For 2016 Smoke’s Poutinerie WPEC!
Outrageous Event in Toronto’s Yonge-Dundas Square to Feature Extraordinary, Interactive Fan Experiences
Insane Number of Dedicated Sponsors Eat Up the Opportunity to Support Event
TORONTO – The 7th annual Smoke’s Poutinerie World Poutine Eating Championship (WPEC) reinforced today why it will be the biggest gastronomical consumption spectacle of 2016. Announced today, the world’s most renowned Major League Eating (MLE) competitors have confirmed they will be taking the stage at the event.
“There is no other day like this…when food and entertainment come together to give a fan-following like ours an event to remember,” said Ryan Smolkin, CEO (Chief Entertainment Officer) of Smoke’s Poutinerie and the creative mastermind behind WPEC. “We are absolutely stoked! The support from MLE, our sponsors and fans has been stronger than ever. There’s an activity for every attendee. Every man, woman and child can enjoy FREE poutine all day, watch in amazement as thirteen of the top ranked MLE eaters in the world vie for the coveted WPEC Trophy and rock out to Destroyer, the KISS cover band bringing everyone in attendance back to the glory days of ‘80s glam rock!”
Eaters slated to compete in the 2016 Smoke’s Poutinerie WPEC:
• Joey “Jaws” Chestnut, the world’s #1-ranked pro eater, from San Jose, Ca.
• Matt “the Megatoad” Stonie, #2 ranked pro and the defending WPEC champion, from San Jose, Ca.
• Carmen Cincotti, ranked #4, from East Windsor, N.J.
• Gideon Oji, ranked #5, from Morrow, Ga.
• Yasir Salem, ranked #9, from New York
• Michelle Lesco, ranked #10, from Tucson, Ariz.
• Eric Booker, ranked #15, from Selden, N.Y.
• Jim Reeves, ranked #20, from Boston
• Meredith Boxburger, ranked #24, from Plymouth, Mich.
• Larell Marie Mele, ranked #31, from Long Pond, Pa.
• William Myers, ranked #35, from Allentown, Pa.
• Ben Do, ranked #44, from Kitchener, Ont.
• Jesse Kankula, from Ridgetown, Ont.
Plus, everyone in attendance will be able to share in the poutine eating celebration during WPEC 2016. Smoke’s Poutinerie wants all fans to get into the immense energy emanating from the Square through participation in extraordinary experiences including the following events:
• The Potato Bag Launch – As only Smoke’s Poutinerie can, this contest invites fans to launch a Smoke’s Poutinerie-branded potato bag onto a giant tile game board; winners will be awarded branded tattoos, stickers, hats and more;
• Smoke’s Poutinerie Food Trucks Fundraising Derby – Those in attendance will be able to feast on free poutine all day courtesy of the two Smoke’s Poutinerie food trucks on hand. To make the epitome of indulgence even more meaningful, during the event, the two trucks will compete in a fan fundraising competition. Attendees will be able to donate to either truck as they are served poutine. For this fun faceoff, the head-to-head truck competitors will be affectionately known as General Lee (from the iconic ‘80s show Dukes of Hazzard) and DeLorean (from the legendary Back to the Future film). The plutonium-powered, revved up fundraiser benefits the event’s charity partner, Friends of We Care;
• Interactive Photo Booth – The latest in wacked-out photo-booth technology will also entertain fans, taking pictures and printing them out for fans to bring home with branded memories;
• Jones Soda Tasting Bar – Fans will line up to sip down Jones Soda flights…three samplings to be served from a variety of assorted flavors on tap;
Rounding out the latest WPEC news, Smoke’s Poutinerie announced today an illustrious collection of sponsors for the event. The highly anticipated extravaganza would not be possible without the support from the sponsors who are providing tents, signage, photography, videography, massive amounts of food and even a motorized car racetrack at the Yonge-Dundas Square this year.
These sponsors include:
• Maple Leaf Foods
• Jones Soda Co.
• Monster Energy
• Rack & Pinion Creative
• Astley Gilbert
• East Point Potatoes
• Champetre Fromagerie
• ED Foods
• Bunge Limited
To learn more about the competition and exceptional entertainment at the 7th Annual Smoke’s Poutinerie World Poutine Eating Championship, visit http://smokespoutinerie.com/wpec/.
About Smoke’s Poutinerie
Founded in 2009 by creative genius Ryan Smolkin, Smoke’s Poutinerie is the “World’s Largest and Original Poutinerie.” Representing 80s Canadiana culture known for the signature red & black plaid and glam rock music, Smoke’s Poutinerie serves 30 varieties of its famous poutine. With 100-plus locations in Canada, and 50-plus in the United States, the brand is on course for “Global Domination,” targeting 1,300 new locations to open around the world by 2020.
For more information about available franchise opportunities, contact Mark Cunningham, Global Chief Business Development Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org, call (905) 427-4444, ext. 217 or visit www.smokespoutinerie.com/Franchises.aspx.