With only two days left until the main event, the countdown is officially on to see who will take home the honor, the eminence and all the glory of what it is to be the Krystal Square Off VI Champion. And while the showdown between Joey Chestnut, Takeru Kobayashi, Patrick Bertoletti and all the best eaters is what you’ve all been waiting for, there is much more to come leading up to the main event to help satiate your appetite until Sunday, Sept. 27 at 2 p.m.
The Krystal Square Off VI list of weekend events will also include the World Hamburger Eating Championship Official Press Conference, the “KrystalFest” Tailgating Party, an amateur eating contest and much more. All events will take place at Chattanooga’s 21st Century Waterfront (Ross’s Landing) and are free and open to the public.
FRIDAY, SEPT. 25
2:30 p.m. – Press Conference at Ross’s Landing: For those that need a refresher course from the pros on the biggest competitive eating competition this side of the Mason-Dixon line, head on down to the Krystal Square Off VI World Hamburger Eating Championship Official Press Conference. There, the top three ranked eaters in the world, Joey Chestnut, Patrick Bertoletti and Takeru Kobayashi, will meet face-to-face for the official pre-contest press conference and photo opportunity. These top gurgitators will make predictions, talk about the new rules and discuss their strategies for winning competitive eating’s most coveted title, its $20,000 cash prize and bragging rights for establishing a new world-record in front of a live audience of 10,000 people.
SUNDAY, SEPT. 27
9:00 a.m. - Krystal Square Off VI Bicycle Poker Run begins.
Noon – 2 p.m. – “KrystalFest” Tailgating Party: Come get your grub, game, and groove on with Krystal as they close in on one of the biggest sports competitions in the world. Activities include:
- Free Krystal Burgers and Krystal Blitz Energy Drink to first 1,000 people
- Carnival games for kids, balloons, Krystal prize giveaways and more
- Live music from 38 Special’s Jeff Carlisi and The Hold On Bruce Lees
- Boat Parade of Competitive Eaters and a stop by Autograph Alley to sign autographs for spectators.
- Registration and Drawing for 12th Man Contest. Must be 18+ and have valid photo ID.
- Registration and Drawing for Sackful Challenge Teams. Must be 18+ and have valid photo ID.
2 – 3:00 p.m. – Krystal Square Off VI World Hamburger Eating Championship
- SportSouth Live broadcast begins (WATCH LIVE COVERAGE ONLINE HERE)
- 2-minute Sackful Challenge with four teams of two eaters competing to win $100 each.
- Introduction of eaters by George Shea, Chairman of the IFOCE
- 8-minute Krystal Square Off VI World Championship
PRIZE PAYOUTS FOR KRYSTAL SQUARE OFF VI WORLD HAMBURGER EATING CHAMPIONSHIP